Meat Clerk (Hillsdale Location)
We are growing and looking for Meat Clerks to work in a dynamic environment. This position will be focused on overseeing all operational aspects of our Meat Market, assisting our customers by providing information about our products, assisting in food production, answering customer questions and supporting our various departments within the location. Also responsible for building connections with the public and is interested in the local food economy, nutrition and developing their retail leadership work experience.
· Contributes to a positive and supportive work environment.
· Demonstrates an adaptable and flexible work style, shifting tasks as priorities and circumstances change.
· Demonstrates ability to multi-task and manage own time. Adjusts priorities, productivity, efficiency and speed based on needs and conditions of department.
· Self-motivated and able to work independently, as well as cooperatively within a team.
· Gives and receives feedback in a constructive manner. Responds to feedback in order to improve performance.
· Understands and follows through on verbal and written directions.
· Speaks up. Shares ideas and feedback that contributes to success of store and company.
· Conserves company resources. Works in a manner consistent with company Vision, Mission and Values and sustainability program.
· Observes all company rules and policies.
· Performs other duties and tasks as assigned.
· Engages the customer in a friendly manner, shares product information and assists in locating product throughout the store. Seeks opportunities to exceed customer expectations and enhance the customer experience.
· Adapts service based on customer needs, handles difficult customer situations and seeks solutions to delight the customer.
Additional Position-Specific Responsibilities
· Completes customer special orders thoroughly and provides follow-through as needed.
· Maintains accurate pricing and signage that meet merchandising standards.
· Demonstrates excellent knowledge of products throughout the department and understanding of culinary skills and terminology, product labeling and common dietary restrictions.
· Follows company procedures for processing invoices, transfers and credits.
· Handles damaged and spoiled product according to company policy.
· Maintains the organization, rotation and cleanliness of customer facing and back stock areas.
· Leads other department activities, such as inventories.
· Responds to and follows through on emails and other communications in a timely manner.
Facilities, Sanitation, Work Safety and Food Safety Responsibilities
· Adheres to work and food safety policies set forth by the company and regulatory agencies.
· Performs janitorial tasks in compliance with sanitation standards established by store policy and state and local health departments. Contributes to store cleanliness.
· Maintains equipment, informs store/department management of any problems.
· Reports all safety concerns and work-related injuries to management.
· Frequent handwashing is required.
Education and Qualification Requirements
· GED or equivalent High School Diploma, college degree preferred.
· At least 1 year of Meat Department or Deli experience.
· Valid Food Handlers Certification or must acquire within 30 days of hire.
· Previous ordering/inventory management experience preferred.
The Maintenance Technician works closely with the engineering team to address and resolve Basics’ equipment and manufacturing obstacles and mechanical/electrical problems. Performs routine preventive maintenance while minimizing store and equipment downtime. Provides maintenance support for other facilities as needed.
- Primary role is to provide technical and maintenance support to the Basics’ team.
- Secondary roles include but not limited to troubleshoot problems and eliminate manufacturing constraints in all other entities across Wild Rose Foods.
- Utilize technical skills and knowledge in electrical/electronics (PLCs, A/C and D/C motors and drives, control logic, schematics and troubleshooting) to support continuous process manufacturing and achieve machine uptime metrics.
- Maintain necessary parts and maintenance supplies in an organized manner.
- Implement and document plant preventative maintenance.
- Demonstrate high level of safety focus and awareness via maintenance actions and support within the facility.
- Establish positive rapport and provide proactive customer service to all production employees and the operations team.
- Attention to detail in completing work tasks, cooperative attitude and being reliable and responsible.
- Supports QA department to ensure implementation of maintenance procedures to protect food product.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of farm equipment.
- Ensure all processes, procedures and maintenance work and equipment are compliant with state and federal regulations.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during scheduled downtime.
- Maintain electronic records on all maintenance, repairs to machines, and inventory of equipment and facility.
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- Subject to “on call” depending upon the urgency of the situation.
Supervisory responsibilities: This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- GED or equivalent high school diploma.
- Experience in understanding technical specifications and schematics.
- Minimum 2 years of previous plant maintenance experience working with electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work and communicate well on a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills preferred on programs such as Outlook, Word, and a CMMS.