All the ingredients right at hand
Meal Stations Make it Easy
Inside our markets you'll find Basics Meal Stations where ingredients are conveniently organized around simple, chef-inspired recipes. You get to pick out what you want to cook, and our staff is on hand to help with advice and suggestions.What's in the Market
Just what you need to cook at home
With an emphasis on what’s in season and what we can locally find, our produce is delivered fresh daily. You’ll find the very freshest seasonal fruit and vegetables, sourced locally whenever possible. We’ve got a wide selection of everything you need for stir-fries, salads, sides and main courses.
We know where our meat comes from. Most of the meat products we carry are raised on our own family farms or from ranchers we know. Much is certified organic and managed with sustainable practices where animals have access to pasture, there are no cages, crates or crowding, and where there’s an enriched environment that takes comfort and overall well-being into account.
- Poultry: Our own from Aurora Valley Organic, all organic, 100% vegetarian diet, free-range and antibiotic free. Flocks grow at their own natural pace in a clean, spacious environment, with warm barns and easy access to outdoor pastures. Outdoor areas also include ample shade, areas to dust bathe, and bales of straw and wooden structures to provide perches and encourage natural behavior. We believe this environment is not only good for our chickens, but also provides you with the highest quality, freshest products available. Air chilled to retain natural flavor.
- Beef: We raise our own organically certified beef at Valley Falls Farm in the mid-Willamette Valley. Pasture raised on a diet of grass, We raise our own organically certified beef. Pasture-raised on a diet of grass, supplemented with hay, our own organic alfalfa, and organic corn and barley grown in the U.S. and Canada. We also source from other local family farms who, like us, place animal welfare at a premium, although they may not be certified organic.
- Pork: Our pork comes mostly from Rieben Farms in Banks, Oregon. It is raised on locally-sourced feed without antibiotics or added growth hormones. As the national supply chain faces challenges, we have been able to source some hogs from the Midwest that were destined to be harvested and wasted. We butcher all our pork in-house, resulting in the very freshest cuts and we are proud to do our part in limiting waste during the current environment.
- Lamb: We feature Hawley Ranch lamb, raised in Cottage Grove, OR. The lambs are pasture-raised, grass fed and supplemented with clover during the winter months. No antibiotics or additional growth hormones, butchered in-house for top quality and freshness.
- Sausage & Hash: We make our own! Freshly ground and mixed in-house daily by our butchers
- Prepped and ready-to-cook items including fajita’s, stir fry combos, and burgers, all easy to cook at home!
Visit our seafood section for seasonal offerings, as available, including Pacific NW wild-caught rockfish fillets; Pacific cod; fresh Columbia River-raised steelhead; wild-caught scallops and shell-on shrimp.
Cheese, Dairy & Eggs
A special feature of our dairy case is Lulubelle’s, our own line of organic dairy products from the Willamette Valley where we pamper our cows at our own family farms.
Among our selection of cheeses, you’ll find our own Lulubelle’s organic cheeses along with specialty organic varieties produced by our sister company Willamette Valley Cheese, located in the heart of Willamette Valley wine country. They use traditional old-world methods to produce hand-crafted, delicious artisan organic cheeses. Certified Organic, they use simple, healthy ingredients to create high-quality handmade cheese made by dedicated cheesemakers. Try the aged Cheddar, Dutch-style Gouda’s, creamy Havarti’s, nutty Fontina, buttery Brie and unique Boerenkaas.
A customer favorite, we feature Gwendolyn’s local, organic eggs by the dozen from our own laying hens in Aurora. These eggs aren’t just a pretty package: There really was a Gwendolyn! Years ago, the farmer’s family adopted an older hen to provide a safe place for it to roost after it was discovered that she had quit laying. Promptly after settling into their backyard flock, she started laying again, and continued to do so for many years. She affectionately earned the name Gwendolyn after their great-grandmother, a woman of pluck and fortitude whose family had raised chickens for generations. Our hens enjoy an all-organic diet with vegetarian feed, and plenty of access to pasture, just like the old days
Our shelves are stocked with a diverse, curated selection prioritizing affordability and featuring local brands and national favorites. You’ll find cereals, pasta, oils, vinegars, sauces, ethnic foods, baby foods, dried and canned products, snack items, baking products, spices and beverages, veggie proteins, superfoods, and Kosher products, along with home goods including cooking utensils. We also carry personal care, first aid and household cleaning items, and pet foods including our own Buddy’s Formula Oven Baked dog food, a house-made kibble for your own buddy.
Craving ice-cream? Need a quick meal to stash in the freezer? We understand life’s realities! We offer a selection of organic fresh frozen, regionally sourced vegetables, berries and fruit. Also in our freezers: pizzas, tamales, ice cream and sorbets, along with quick to the table frozen meals at the ready. Just check our freezer cases for a variety of local and sustainable selections.
Prepared Foods, Antipasti & Cured Meats
You’ll find a selection of house-made roasted meats (our own organic Aurora Valley poultry, local beef and pork), daily chef-crafted soups made in-house, along with fresh composed salads, sandwiches, panini, and breakfast items. Our Antipasti selections include salumi, cured meats, a variety of artisanal cheeses and pickled items.
Wine & Beer
We’ve got a great value and selection of American Viticulture Association wines from local, regional, national and specialty producers. Choose from a selection of Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, Rose, Cote du Rhone, Chardonnay, Zinfandel, Malbec, Cabernet, Chianti, Merlot, Syrah, sparkling wines, Champagne and more. Our coolers are home to a wide selection of icy cold local beers, ciders and national brands too.
Artisanal breads, including gluten-free selections, are sourced from local bakeries. You’ll also find a rotating selection of cookies, cakes, muffins and bagels all delivered daily.
Grab & Go
Our convenient refrigerated cases feature sandwiches, wraps, cut fruit and veggies, juices, fresh pasta, dips, yogurts, pickles, condiments, salsas, salad dressings, cold waters, Kombucha, sodas and more.
Hillsdale Market Manager, Lateefa Hoover
Born and raised in Portland, Lateefa Hoover has extensive experience in the grocery business. She enjoys building community, meeting people, sharing her knowledge and is passionate about ensuring that everyone has access to good, local food at a reasonable price. Lateefa has a love for everything outdoors – her favorite activities are playing basketball with her son, hiking and swimming. She’s drawn to Middle Eastern and Latin cuisines and loves to cook. Favorite ingredients are hot sauce and peppers which go perfectly with one of her favorite foods, tacos. Stop by the market for a warm welcome from Lateefa and team.