Looking for Inspiration?
Visit our Recipe Walls featuring 12 seasonal and rotating recipes developed by our in-house chefs and Nutrition Director with your health in mind.What's in the Market
Just what you need to cook at home
With an emphasis on what’s in season and what we can locally find, our produce is delivered fresh daily. You’ll find the very freshest seasonal fruit and vegetables, sourced locally whenever possible. We’ve got a wide selection of everything you need for stir-fries, salads, sides and main courses.
ASK OUR TEAM ABOUT OUR PROTEIN PACKS (and SAVE 10%!)
We know where our meat comes from. Most of the meat products we carry are raised on our own family farms or from ranchers we know. Much is certified organic and managed with sustainable practices where animals have access to pasture, there are no cages, crates or crowding, and where there’s an enriched environment that takes comfort and overall well-being into account.
- Poultry: We Partner with Mary’s Chicken to provide a range of poultry products, including All Natural, Organic, and at times Heirloom Chicken. Flocks are fed an all vegetarian diet in a clean, spacious environment, with warm barns and easy access to outdoor pastures. Outdoor areas also include ample shade, areas to dust bathe, and bales of straw and wooden structures to provide perches and encourage natural behavior. We agree with Mary’s values and that this environment is not only good for chickens, but also provides you with the highest quality, freshest products available. Air chilled to retain natural flavor.
- Beef: We raise our own organically certified beef at Silver Sage Farms in Eastern Oregon. Pasture-raised on a diet of grass, supplemented with hay, our own organic alfalfa, and organic corn silage (the entire plant) and barley grown in the U.S. and Canada. When needed to meet demand, we also source from other local family farms who, like us, place animal welfare at a premium, although they may not be certified organic.
- Pork: We are currently growing our own local, all-natural pork supply at Silver Sage Farms. We butcher all our pork in-house, resulting in the very freshest cuts and we are proud to do our part in limiting waste during the current environment.
- Lamb: We feature Hawley Ranch lamb, raised in Cottage Grove, OR. The lambs are pasture-raised, grass fed and supplemented with clover during the winter months. No antibiotics or additional growth hormones, butchered in-house for top quality and freshness.
- Sausage & Hash: We make our own! Freshly ground and mixed in-house daily by our butchers
- Prepped and ready-to-cook items including fajita’s, stir fry combos, and burgers, all easy to cook at home!
Visit our seafood section for seasonal offerings, as available, including Pacific NW wild-caught rockfish fillets; Pacific cod; fresh Columbia River-raised steelhead; wild-caught scallops and shell-on shrimp.
Cheese, Dairy & Eggs
A special feature of our dairy case is Lulubelle’s Creamery, our own line of organic dairy products from the Willamette Valley where we pamper our cows at our own family farms.
Among our selection of cheeses, you’ll find our own Lulubelle’s organic cheeses along with specialty organic varieties produced under the Willamette Valley Cheese brand. We use traditional old-world methods to produce hand-crafted, delicious artisan organic cheeses. Certified Organic, they use simple, healthy ingredients to create high-quality handmade cheese made by dedicated cheesemakers. Try the aged Cheddar, or buttery French Prairie Brie.
A customer favorite, we feature Gwendolyn’s local, organic eggs by the dozen from our own laying hens in Aurora. These eggs aren’t just a pretty package: There really was a Gwendolyn! Years ago, the farmer’s family adopted an older hen to provide a safe place for it to roost after it was discovered that she had quit laying. Promptly after settling into their backyard flock, she started laying again, and continued to do so for many years. She affectionately earned the name Gwendolyn after their great-grandmother, a woman of pluck and fortitude whose family had raised chickens for generations. Our hens enjoy an all-organic diet with vegetarian feed, and plenty of access to pasture, just like the old days
Our shelves are stocked with a diverse, curated selection prioritizing affordability and featuring local brands and national favorites. You’ll find cereals, pasta, oils, vinegars, sauces, ethnic foods, baby foods, dried and canned products, snack items, baking products, spices and beverages, veggie proteins, superfoods, and Kosher products, along with home goods including cooking utensils. We also carry personal care, first aid and household cleaning items, and pet foods including our own Buddy’s Formula Oven Baked dog food, a house-made kibble for your own buddy.
Craving ice-cream? Need a quick meal to stash in the freezer? We understand life’s realities! We offer a selection of organic fresh frozen, regionally sourced vegetables, berries and fruit. Also in our freezers: pizzas, tamales, ice cream and sorbets, along with quick to the table frozen meals at the ready. Just check our freezer cases for a variety of local and sustainable selections.
Prepared Foods, Antipasti & Cured Meats
You’ll find a selection of house-made roasted meats (our own organic Aurora Valley poultry, local beef and pork), daily chef-crafted soups made in-house, along with fresh composed salads, sandwiches, panini, and breakfast items. Our Antipasti selections include salumi, cured meats, a variety of artisanal cheeses and pickled items.
Wine & Beer
We’ve got a great value and selection of American Viticulture Association wines from local, regional, national and specialty producers. Choose from a selection of Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, Rose, Cote du Rhone, Chardonnay, Zinfandel, Malbec, Cabernet, Chianti, Merlot, Syrah, sparkling wines, Champagne and more. Our coolers are home to a wide selection of icy cold local beers, ciders and national brands too.
Artisanal breads, including gluten-free selections, are sourced from local bakeries. You’ll also find a rotating selection of cookies, cakes, muffins and bagels all delivered daily.
Grab & Go
Our convenient refrigerated cases feature sandwiches, wraps, cut fruit and veggies, juices, fresh pasta, dips, yogurts, pickles, condiments, salsas, salad dressings, cold waters, Kombucha, sodas and more.
Hillsdale Market Manager, Patrick Newman
Patrick Newman is an experienced Manager with nearly 20 years in the natural grocery business, born and raised in the Portland area he is a big fan of Basics’ ideas and principals behind local and sustainable food. He is driven primarily by the desire to learn new things big or small, and he takes pride in providing the best customer service experience possible. Patrick is a powerful force in the workplace and uses his positive attitude and tireless energy to encourage others to work hard and succeed. He enjoys taking day trips to the beach with his family, barbequing and a good ol’ fashion spicy food challenge! Need a hot sauce referral? Come say Hello to Patrick and he’ll point you in the right direction!