Looking for Inspiration?
Recipe Walls Make it Easy
Visit our Recipe Walls featuring 12 seasonal and rotating recipes developed by our in-house chefs. Our in-store Nutrition Stations feature ingredients conveniently organized around simple, nourishing recipes developed by our Nutrition Team with your health in mind.What's in the Market
Just what you need to cook at home
With an emphasis on what’s in season and what we can locally find, our produce is delivered fresh daily. You’ll find the very freshest seasonal fruit and vegetables, sourced locally whenever possible. We’ve got a wide selection of everything you need for stir fries, salads, sides and main courses.
We know where our meat comes from. Most of the meat products we carry are raised on our own family farms or from ranchers we know. Much is certified organic and managed with sustainable practices where animals have access to pasture, there are no cages, crates or crowding, and where there’s an enriched environment that takes comfort and overall well-being into account.
- Poultry: Our own from Aurora Valley Organic, all organic, 100% vegetarian diet, free-range and antibiotic free. Flocks grow at their own natural pace in a clean, spacious environment, with warm barns and easy access to outdoor pastures. Outdoor areas also include ample shade, areas to dust bathe, and bales of straw and wooden structures to provide perches and encourage natural behavior. We believe this environment is not only good for our chickens, but also provides you with the highest quality, freshest products available. Air chilled to retain natural flavor.
- Beef: We raise our own organically certified beef at Valley Falls Farm in the mid-Willamette Valley. Pasture raised on a diet of grass, We raise our own organically certified beef. Pasture-raised on a diet of grass, supplemented with hay, our own organic alfalfa, and organic corn and barley grown in the U.S. and Canada. We also source from other local family farms who, like us, place animal welfare at a premium, although they may not be certified organic.
- Pork: We are currently growing our own local, organic pork supply, French Prairie Pork. Until then, we source other pork from a variety of locally and regional farmers. As the national supply chain faces challenges, we occasionally source some hogs from the Midwest that were destined to be harvested and wasted. We butcher all our pork in-house, resulting in the very freshest cuts and we are proud to do our part in limiting waste during the current environment.
- Lamb: We feature Hawley Ranch lamb, raised in Cottage Grove, OR. The lambs are pasture-raised, grass fed and supplemented with clover during the winter months. No antibiotics or additional growth hormones, butchered in-house for top quality and freshness.
- Sausage & Hash: We make our own! Freshly ground and mixed in-house daily by our butchers
Visit our seafood section for seasonal offerings, as available, including Pacific NW wild-caught rockfish fillets; Pacific cod; fresh Columbia River-raised steelhead; wild-caught scallops and shell-on shrimp.
Cheese, Dairy & Eggs
You’ll find a high quality selection of milk, cheeses, yogurts, kefirs and more, with plenty of local and organic options, as well as dairy-free alternatives.
A special feature of our dairy case is Lulubelle’s, our own line of organic dairy products from our own cows, bottled at our own creameries and distributed by us directly to all of our Basics Markets.
Among our selection of cheeses, you’ll find specialty organic varieties produced by our sister company Willamette Valley Cheese, located in the heart of Willamette Valley wine country. They use traditional old-world methods to produce hand-crafted, delicious artisan organic cheeses. Certified Organic, they use simple, healthy ingredients to create high quality handmade cheese made by dedicated cheese makers. Try the aged Cheddar, Dutch-style Gouda’s, creamy Havarti’s, nutty Fontina, buttery Brie and unique Boerenkaas.
A customer favorite, we feature Gwendolyn’s local, organic eggs by the dozen from our own laying hens in Aurora. These eggs aren’t just a pretty package: There really was a Gwendolyn! Years ago, the farmer’s family adopted an older hen to provide a safe place for it to roost after it was discovered that she had quit laying. Promptly after settling into their backyard flock, she started laying again, and continued to do so for many years. She affectionately earned the name Gwendolyn after their great-grandmother, a woman of pluck and fortitude whose family had raised chickens for generations. Our hens enjoy an all organic diet with vegetarian feed, and plenty of access to pasture, just like the old days.
Our shelves are stocked with a diverse, curated selection prioritizing affordability and featuring local brands and national favorites. You’ll find cereals, pasta, oils, vinegars, sauces, ethnic foods, baby foods, dried and canned beans, baking products, spices and beverages, along with home goods including cooking utensils. We also carry organic shampoos and household cleaning items, ceramic pickling crocks and pet foods including our own Buddy’s Oven Baked dog food a house-made kibble for your own buddy.
Craving ice-cream? Need a quick meal to stash in the freezer? We understand life’s realities! We offer a selection of organic fresh frozen, regionally sourced vegetables, berries and fruit. Also in our freezers: pizzas, tamales, ice cream and sorbets, along with quick to the table frozen meals at the ready. Just check our freezer cases for a variety of local and sustainable selections.
Grab & Go
Find locally made sandwiches, ready to eat salads, fresh pasta, dips and salsas in our convenient Grab and Go refrigerated cases. Plus cold waters, Kombucha, sodas, juices, our organic Lulubelle’s high protein, low fat milks, and more.
Artisanal breads, including gluten-free selections, are sourced from local bakeries. You’ll also find a rotating selection of cookies, cakes, muffins and bagels, all delivered daily.
Wine & Beer
We’ve got a great value and selection of American Viticulture Association wines from local, regional, national and specialty producers. Choose from a selection of Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, Rose, Cote du Rhone, Chardonnay, Zinfandel, Malbec, Cabernet, Chianti, Merlot, Syrah, sparkling wines, Champagne and more. Our coolers are home to a wide selection of icy cold local beers, ciders and national brands too.
Sandy Blvd. Market Manager
With almost 20 years in the natural grocery industry, Dave Finnell loves developing strong teams and helping to create a fun place to shop and work. Born and raised in Portland, some of his earliest food memories are of Sunday meals at his Grandparents’ home: old family recipes, cousins and lots of noise and laughter. He loves anything with garlic (and more garlic) and almost any cheese. In his spare time he loves to be outside cycling, hiking, skiing or just working in the yard. Stop by and say Hi to Dave, he looks forward to welcoming you!