Tualatin – Market Closing June 30th
Open 7 days a week, 10am-7pm
It was a difficult decision, but this step allows us to continue to invest in our mission of nurturing a healthy, local food system.
THANK YOU to all of our loyal Tualatin customers. All of our staff will be transitioning to our other locations and we hope you can visit and continue to shop with us. Learn more at the below link. Please follow us and subscribe for updates on future locations near you!
Closing FAQs Get Directions
Looking for Inspiration?
Visit our Recipe Walls featuring 12 seasonal and rotating recipes developed by our in-house chefs. Our in-store Nutrition Stations feature ingredients conveniently organized around simple, nourishing recipes developed by our Nutrition Team with your health in mind.What's in the Market
Just what you need to cook at home
We know where our meat comes from. Most of the meat products we carry are raised on our own family farms or from ranchers we know. Much is certified organic and managed with sustainable practices where animals have access to pasture, there are no cages, crates or crowding, and where there’s an enriched environment that takes comfort and overall well-being into account.
- Poultry: Our own from Aurora Valley Organic, all organic, 100% vegetarian diet, free-range and antibiotic free. Flocks grow at their own natural pace in a clean, spacious environment, with warm barns and easy access to outdoor pastures. Outdoor areas also include ample shade, areas to dust bathe, and bales of straw and wooden structures to provide perches and encourage natural behavior. We believe this environment is not only good for our chickens, but also provides you with the highest quality, freshest products available. Air chilled to retain natural flavor.
- Beef: We raise our own organically certified beef at Valley Falls Farm in the mid-Willamette Valley. Pasture raised on a diet of grass, We raise our own organically certified beef. Pasture-raised on a diet of grass, supplemented with hay, our own organic alfalfa, and organic corn and barley grown in the U.S. and Canada. We also source from other local family farms who, like us, place animal welfare at a premium, although they may not be certified organic.
- Pork: We are currently growing our own local, organic pork supply, French Prairie Pork. Until then, we source other pork from a variety of locally and regional farmers. As the national supply chain faces challenges, we occasionally source some hogs from the Midwest that were destined to be harvested and wasted. We butcher all our pork in-house, resulting in the very freshest cuts and we are proud to do our part in limiting waste during the current environment.
- Lamb: We feature Hawley Ranch lamb, raised in Cottage Grove, OR. The lambs are pasture-raised, grass fed and supplemented with clover during the winter months. No antibiotics or additional growth hormones, butchered in-house for top quality and freshness.
- Sausage & Hash: We make our own! Freshly ground and mixed in-house daily by our butchers
Prepared Foods, Specialty Cheeses & Charcuterie
House-made panini (smoked turkey and brie, salami and gouda, smoked ham and brie, and more), breakfast sandwiches (a perfectly cooked Gwendolyn’s organic egg, Lulubelle’s cheddar and applewood smoked shoulder bacon on a English muffin). We also offer made from scratch seasonal soups daily – hot to eat right away, or cold to heat up for later – all made daily by our in-house chefs.
Find more ready-to-cook items in our Basics’ Family Meal Station, it’s stocked with family friendly pizza’s, mac’n cheese, enchiladas, lasagna, pot pies and quiche.
You’ll find a unique selection of specialty and European style cow, goat and sheep’s milk cheeses (including blue, gorgonzola, Gouda, Tomme de Chevre, Gruyere, Pecorino, 12-month Manchego and raclette) in our case, along with smoked turkey breast and hardwood smoked ham, salamis and pepperoni, saucisson, and pates.
Cheese, Dairy & Eggs
You’ll find a high quality selection of milk, cheeses, yogurts, kefirs and more, with plenty of local and organic options, as well as dairy-free alternatives.
A special feature of our dairy case is Lulubelle’s, our own line of organic dairy products from our own cows, bottled at our own creameries and distributed by us directly to all of our Basics Markets.
Among our selection of cheeses, you’ll find specialty organic varieties produced by our sister company Willamette Valley Cheese, located in the heart of Willamette Valley wine country. They use traditional old-world methods to produce hand-crafted, delicious artisan organic cheeses. Certified Organic, they use simple, healthy ingredients to create high quality handmade cheese made by dedicated cheese makers. Try the aged Cheddar, Dutch-style Gouda’s, creamy Havarti’s, nutty Fontina, buttery Brie and unique Boerenkaas.
A customer favorite, we feature Gwendolyn’s local, organic eggs by the dozen from our own laying hens in Aurora. These eggs aren’t just a pretty package: There really was a Gwendolyn! Years ago, the farmer’s family adopted an older hen to provide a safe place for it to roost after it was discovered that she had quit laying. Promptly after settling into their backyard flock, she started laying again, and continued to do so for many years. She affectionately earned the name Gwendolyn after their great-grandmother, a woman of pluck and fortitude whose family had raised chickens for generations. Our hens enjoy an all organic diet with vegetarian feed, and plenty of access to pasture, just like the old days.
With an emphasis on what’s in season and what we can locally find, our produce is delivered fresh daily. You’ll find the very freshest seasonal fruit and vegetables, sourced locally whenever possible. We’ve got a wide selection of everything you need for stir fries, salads, sides and main courses.
Wine & Beer
We’ve got a great value and selection of American Viticulture Association wines from local, regional, national and specialty producers. Choose from a selection of Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, Rose, Cote du Rhone, Chardonnay, Zinfandel, Malbec, Cabernet, Chianti, Merlot, Syrah, sparkling wines, Champagne and more. Our coolers are home to a wide selection of icy cold local beers, ciders and national brands too.
Visit our seafood section for seasonal offerings, as available, including Pacific NW wild-caught rockfish fillets; Pacific cod; fresh Columbia River-raised steelhead; wild-caught scallops and shell-on shrimp.
Our shelves are stocked with a diverse, curated selection prioritizing affordability and featuring local brands and national favorites. You’ll find cereals, pasta, oils, vinegars, sauces, ethnic foods, dried and canned beans, baking products, spices and beverages, along with home goods including silverware, dishware, cookbooks, cooking utensils, and cutting boards. You’ll also find Buddy’s Oven Baked dog food a house-made kibble for your own buddy.
Craving ice-cream? Need a quick meal to stash in the freezer? We understand life’s realities! We offer a selection of organic fresh frozen, regionally sourced vegetables, berries and fruit. Also in our freezers: pizzas, tamales, ice cream and sorbets, along with quick to the table frozen meals at the ready. Just check our freezer cases for a variety of local and sustainable selections.
Artisanal breads, including gluten-free selections, are sourced from local bakeries. You’ll also find a rotating selection of cookies, cakes, muffins and bagels, all delivered daily.
Grab & Go
Find locally made sandwiches, ready to eat salads, fresh pasta, dips and salsas in our convenient Grab and Go refrigerated cases. Plus cold waters, Kombucha, sodas, juices, our organic Lulubelle’s high protein, low fat milks, and more.
Tualatin Market Manager
Patrick Newman is an experienced Manager with nearly 20 years in the natural grocery business, born and raised in the Portland area he is a big fan of Basics’ ideas and principals behind local and sustainable food. He is driven primarily by the desire to learn new things big or small, and he takes pride in providing the best customer service experience possible. Pat is a powerful force in the workplace and uses his positive attitude and tireless energy to encourage others to work hard and succeed. He enjoys taking day trips to the beach with his family, barbequing and a good ol’ fashion spicy food challenge! Need a hot sauce referral? Come say Hello to Pat and he’ll point you in the right direction!