Looking for Inspiration?
Visit our Recipe Walls featuring 12 seasonal and rotating recipes developed by our in-house chefs and Nutrition Director with your health in mind.What's in the Market
Aloha's New Local Grocer!
Prepared Foods, Antipasti & Specialty Aged Cheese
You’ll find a selection of house-made roasted meats (all natural poultry, plus local beef and pork raised on our own farms!), daily chef-crafted and house made soups, along with fresh composed salads, sandwiches, panini, and breakfast items. Our Antipasti selections include salumi, cured meats, a variety of specialty cheeses.
We know where our meat comes from. Most of the meat products we carry are raised on our own family farms or from ranchers we know. Much is certified organic and managed with sustainable practices where animals have access to pasture, there are no cages, crates or crowding, and where there’s an enriched environment that takes comfort and overall well-being into account.
- Poultry: We Partner with Mary’s Chicken to provide a range of poultry products, including All Natural, Organic, and at times Heirloom Chicken. Flocks are fed an all vegetarian diet in a clean, spacious environment, with warm barns and easy access to outdoor pastures. Outdoor areas also include ample shade, areas to dust bathe, and bales of straw and wooden structures to provide perches and encourage natural behavior. We agree with Mary’s values and that this environment is not only good for chickens, but also provides you with the highest quality, freshest products available. Air chilled to retain natural flavor.
- Beef: We raise our own organically certified beef at Silver Sage Farms in Eastern Oregon. Pasture raised on a diet of grass, Pasture-raised on a diet of grass, supplemented with hay, our own organic alfalfa, and organic corn silage (the entire plant) and barley grown in the U.S. and Canada. When needed to meet demand, we also source from other local family farms who, like us, place animal welfare at a premium, although they may not be certified organic.
- Pork: We are currently growing our own local, organic pork supply, French Prairie Pork. Until then, we source other pork from a variety of locally and regional farmers. As the national supply chain faces challenges, we occasionally source some hogs from the Midwest that were destined to be harvested and wasted. We butcher all our pork in-house, resulting in the very freshest cuts and we are proud to do our part in limiting waste during the current environment.
- Lamb: We feature Hawley Ranch lamb, raised in Cottage Grove, OR. The lambs are pasture-raised, grass fed and supplemented with clover during the winter months. No antibiotics or additional growth hormones, butchered in-house for top quality and freshness.
- Sausage, Hash & Burgers: We make our own! Freshly ground and house-made daily. Look for your traditional flavors and a few more exotic rotational options.
Visit our seafood section for seasonal offerings, as available, including Pacific NW wild-caught rockfish fillets; Pacific cod; fresh Columbia River-raised steelhead; wild-caught scallops and shell-on shrimp.
Cheese, Dairy & Eggs
You’ll find a high quality selection of milk, cheeses, yogurts, kefirs and more, with plenty of local and organic options, as well as dairy-free alternatives.
A special feature of our dairy case is Lulubelle’s Creamery, our own line of organic dairy products from our own cows, bottled at our own creameries and distributed by us directly to all of our Basics Markets. Try our good old fashioned Cream on Top Whole Milk, High Protein Ultra-filtered Milk, creamy small batch cheeses and our brand new Sour Cream!
Among our selection of cheeses, you’ll find our own Willamette Valley Cheese Company, located in the heart of Willamette Valley wine country. We use traditional old-world methods to produce hand-crafted, delicious artisan cheeses that are certified organic. Try the Dutch-style Goudas, creamy Havartis, a nutty Fontina, or the buttery French Prairie Brie.
A customer favorite, we feature Gwendolyn’s Organic local eggs by the dozen from our own laying hens in Aurora. Our hens enjoy an all organic diet with vegetarian feed, and plenty of access to pasture, just like the old days.
With an emphasis on what’s in season and what we can locally find, our produce is delivered fresh daily. You’ll find the very freshest seasonal fruit and vegetables, sourced locally whenever possible. We’ve got a wide selection of everything you need for stir fries, salads, sides and main courses. It’s all beautifully displayed in refrigerated cases, baskets and jars found throughout the market.
Grab & Go
Our convenient refrigerated cases feature sandwiches, wraps, cut fruit and veggies, juices, fresh pasta, dips, yogurts, pickles, condiments, salsas, salad dressings, cold waters, Kombucha, sodas and more.
Bottle Shop & Wine Bar
We’ve got great values and a wide selection of American Viticulture Association wines from local, regional, national and specialty producers. Choose from a selection of Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, Rose, Cote du Rhone, Chardonnay, Zinfandel, Malbec, Cabernet, Chianti, Merlot, Syrah, sparkling wines, Champagne and more.
Our coolers are home to a wide selection of icy cold local beers, ciders and national brands too.
We’ve even included a wine bar! When it is safe to do so, visitors will be invited to sit and enjoy a glass or share a bottle with a friend. Add some small bites and antipasti and make it a meal to remember.
Our shelves are stocked with a diverse, curated selection prioritizing affordability and featuring local brands and national favorites. You’ll find cereals, pasta, oils, vinegars, sauces, ethnic foods, baby foods, dried and canned products, snack items, baking products, spices and beverages, veggie proteins, superfoods, and Kosher products, along with home goods including cooking utensils. We also carry personal care items and household cleaning items, and pet foods including our own Buddy’s Oven Dried Dog food a house-made kibble for your own buddy.
Craving ice-cream? Need a quick meal to stash in the freezer? We understand life’s realities! We offer a selection of organic fresh frozen, regionally sourced vegetables, berries and fruit. Also in our freezers: pizzas, tamales, ice cream and sorbets, along with quick to the table frozen meals at the ready. Just check our freezer cases for a variety of local and sustainable selections.
Farmington Market Manager
With over 11 years in top level grocery management, Nic Dawson has held roles in store operations and leadership and worked on the floor in every department. With a great deal of experience in opening new stores (he’s opened 5 in his grocery career), he brings a wealth of valuable knowledge to the Basics Farmington Team. He’s excited to open our Farmington market, showcasing all that Basics has to offer and creating a terrific experience for our shoppers. “Basics Farmington is an opportunity to bring the local food economy into one centralized space, featuring our own local brands and local makers and I’m excited for us to be part of this vibrant community,” he shares, “I love that we get to be a part of people’s lives, and how food brings people and communities together.” Originally from Petaluma, CA, Nic and his family have been part of the Beaverton community for over 20 years. He and his two sons, 11 and 6, are active in local sports: B-Ball, football and Little League are favorites. When not cheering on his team and overseeing every detail at the market, Nic is a real DIY’er with lots of projects in the works at home. Got hardware questions? Seek him out!